- Have a current TCOLE Peace Officer Intermediate Certification.
- Be employed or have been employed for at least three (3) continuous years as police officer by an incorporated Texas city,
- Or be employed or have been employed for at least three (3) continuous years as a deputy sheriff in any Texas County of at least 120,000 population according to the most recent U.S. Census,
- Or be employed or have been employed for at least three (3) continuous years by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Actively worked as such within the three hundred and sixty-five (365) calendar day period preceding his/her application.
- Successfully complete:
- a written proficiency examination to identify writing skills and knowledge of Texas law
- Lateral Physical assessment
- a background investigation (to include a polygraph).
- a pre-employment drug test and medical screening.
- a psychological examination.
- a panel interview.
- any other current eligibility requirements deemed appropriate by the Chief.
|Class Code||Class Title||Starting||12 Month||24 Month|
|PO7A||Police Officer (Lateral Hire)||$5,337||$5,613||$5,754|
- Step 1: Complete Eligibility Questionnaire
- Step 2: Lateral Physical assessment
- Step 3: Background interview and a polygraph exam.
- Step 4: Written test and panel interview.
- Step 5: Job offer with Pre-employment drug test and psychological test.