- Have a current TCOLE Peace Officer Certification.
- Be employed or have been employed for at least three (3) continuous years as a licensed peace officer for a municipal, county, and/or state law enforcement agency. Experience as a peace officer for a school or university, port authority, or federal or military agency does not count towards the (3) year continuous employment requirements.
- Successfully complete:
- a written proficiency examination to identify writing skills and knowledge of Texas law
- Lateral Physical assessment
- a background investigation (to include a polygraph)
- a pre-employment drug test and medical screening
- a psychological examination
- a panel interview
- any other current eligibility requirements deemed appropriate by the Chief
|Class Code||Class Title||Starting||12 Month||24 Month|
|PO7A||Police Officer (Lateral Hire)||$5,880||$6,184||$6,339|
- Step 1: Complete Eligibility Questionnaire
- Step 2: Lateral Physical assessment
- Step 3: Background interview and a polygraph exam.
- Step 4: Written test and panel interview.
- Step 5: Job offer with Pre-employment drug test and psychological test.