Pay & Benefits
The City of Corpus Christi wants you and your family to be happy, healthy and secure. That’s why we offer a benefits program that is designed to help you achieve your physical, financial and work-life potential. For more information on the Lateral Hiring process and benefits, click here.
- Paid thirty-two week Academy.
- Veterans education benefits available through VA during Academy and Field Training.
- First-year cadet/police officer earns approximately $56,184.
- Second-year officer earns approximately $57,599 (not including incentive pays) with regular step increases thereafter.
- Four-day forty-hour work week upon Academy graduation.
- Additional/incentive pays include education pay, shift differential, weekend pay, longevity pay, swat team, hostage negotiation, dive team, field training officer pay.
2022 - 2023 POLICE PAY SCALE
|POSITION||Starting Pay||6 Month||18 Month||30 Month||42 Month||60 Month||120 Month|
- City funded medical coverage for employee and family immediately upon hire.
- Excellent dental and optical coverage.
- Optional Health Savings Account (HSA) offers pre-tax employee contributions.
- City contributes $1,600 annually.
- Tax-free withdrawals for many common medical, dental and optical expenses.
- Savings accrue and belong to you, even after you leave the city.
- Savings above threshold can be invested in certain approved market funds.
- Basic Life Insurance paid by city.
- Supplemental life insurance available.
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
- 7% contribution rate.
- City matches employee contribution 2 to 1 at retirement.
- Eligible for retirement at twenty years.
- Optional 457 Deferred Compensation plan available through payroll deduction.
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- 40 hours personal leave yearly (non-accruable).
- 120 vacation hours yearly (accruable).
- 120 hours sick leave yearly (accruable).
- 240 hours military leave per year (non-accruable).
- Compensatory leave accruable up to 480 hours.
- All initial equipment and uniforms provided by city.
- Uniform/equipment pay: $720 yearly.
- Plainclothes pay (non-uniformed officers): $900 yearly
- Monthly clothing allowance.
- Vacation buyback program (sell up to 80 hours vacation leave to city per year).
- City sponsored tuition reimbursement program for college coursework.